Principal Human Factors Consultant
Location: Remote (UK-wide)
Are you ready to embark on a dynamic journey with a forward-thinking company? Integrated Human Factors (IHF) is an award-winning firm that thrives on innovation, creativity, safety, and collaboration. As a chartered company endorsed by the Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (IEHF), we’re pioneers in our field, and we’re inviting you to be part of our success story.
Imagine working in an environment where your ideas are valued, your voice is heard, and your career has no limits. IHF is not just a workplace, it’s a podium for entrepreneurial minds and lateral thinkers. We’re shaking up the consulting landscape and giving you the chance to contribute to exciting projects that span industries. With a diverse team drawn from various backgrounds including aviation, psychology, engineering, energy and safety, our capabilities are as extensive as they are flexible.
Your Opportunity Awaits
As a Principal Human Factors Consultant at IHF, you’ll be leading engaging projects that challenge and inspire. You’ll supervise, develop, and mentor junior colleagues and help shape the growth of the business through business development and general wider business input. Interactions with senior stakeholders and the strengthening of IHF’s relationships will be part of your remit, which in turn will support you to manage multiple projects successfully.
The company’s base is Edinburgh, but you’ll enjoy the freedom of a hybrid role from anywhere in the UK with occasional travel to client sites. Our growing presence in the nuclear industry presents a unique chance for you to gain (or grow your) invaluable Human Factor experience in a highly regulated industry. But that’s not all – we have ambitions across multiple sectors, from Digital Infrastructure to Finance, Transport, Government, Defence, Healthcare, Cyber and beyond. Your role won’t be confined – it will evolve as you do.
Here are some of the experiences/attributes we’d love for you to bring
- 5+ years’ experience in Human Factors
- Experience in Consulting and leading projects end-to-end
- Team supervision or management experience
- Senior stakeholder management experience
- Human Machine Interface Design/Human Autonomous Teaming
- Writing and reviewing Technical Reports
- Human Performance Analysis
- Safety Critical Task Analysis
- System and/or Safety Engineering
- Passion for business acumen and to be involved more widely in sales meetings, conferences, and business development
- Experience with Nuclear Safety would be great, but not essential
Our Commitment to You
At IHF, your career path is limitless. If not already, we’ll support you as you work towards becoming a Registered/Chartered member of professional bodies. Travel, both nationally and internationally, will broaden your horizons as you engage with clients and projects. Business Development isn’t just a buzzword here – it’s a fundamental aspect of our culture. And rest assured, you’ll be surrounded by a team that values cooperation, innovation, and positive interaction.
A competitive salary is offered based on your senior-level experience.
- Adaptive, Flexible working including Hybrid/Remote Working
- Flexibility with working arrangements
- Private Healthcare including employee discounts
- Bi-Annual Employee Bonus Scheme
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- A high degree of freedom and responsibility from the beginning