Identifying Human Failure is a three-module course highlighting a human factors view of accident causation.
Each module contains learning interactions and a SCORM compliant end of course quiz.
Human Factors view of accident causation.
- Investigating active failures and latent conditions
- Discuss how humans can cause or contribute to accidents
- After an accident involving human failure the what should the investigation try to understand
- How to prevent similar accidents in the future
Understanding human failure.
- Investigating human error and violations together with slips, lapses and mistakes
- Discussing why do mistakes occur? and factors which contribute to people making mistakes
- How we can reduce mistakes
- What are typical violations
- What are typical causes of violations
Safety Critical Task Analysis.
- What is a Safety Critical Task?
- What is Safety Critical Task Analysis?
- Safety Critical Task Analysis: Screening, prioritizing, tasks analysis and human error analysis
- Performance influencing factors
- Evaluating performance influencing factors
Our Identifying human failure eLearning course contains three modules, complete with animation and interactive tasks.
When we understand the human factor, we can understand misconceptions about the mistakes and failures we make and how to avoid them.