Human Factors Technical Delivery Manager
Who we are
IHF is one the UK’s leading HF consultancies. With an experienced team of in-house experts and a suite of award-winning software tools, we’re well positioned to capitalise on increasing demand for HF support. We’re first in class for sectors such as Oil and Gas, and COMAH, but we’re also looking to the future, as other sectors, like banking and biotech embrace the benefits of HF.
We’re looking for a Technical Delivery Manager to work on a number of exciting Human Factors (HF) projects that we have recently won. You will join a small team of HF consultants who are friendly, supportive and leaders in their fields. Our experts have experience across several sectors including Oil & Gas, COMAH, Aviation, Transport, Nuclear and Healthcare so expect a lot of knowledge sharing and collaboration.
You will be expected to communicate regularly with clients and build rapport. As a trusted consultant, you should be in a position to recommend HF services and safety improvements when they need them. You will also be confident in spotting opportunities to gain new clients, and be comfortable in reaching out through various channels.
The role will be based permanently in our Edinburgh office, in Colinton, however there is the option for a mix of office / remote working.
Within all of our positions we’re looking for individuals that can successfully manage and develop our client partnerships and you will be expected to, on occasion, attend conferences and industry events, which may involve travelling. You will possess most of the following key skills:
- 3+ years in applying HF concepts and principles in a practical environment.
- Experience in a range of HF assessments/techniques including safety critical task analysis.
- Develop, deploy and maintain HF strategies, engagement with technical leads and the ability to make HF tangible to those who are unfamiliar with the discipline.
- Review and input into safety cases and safety documentation for a range of facilities.
- Have the ability to spot new HF opportunities for our clients.
- A Chartered Ergonomist or a second degree in HF or Organisational/Industrial Psychology.
- Experience in the field of HF assessment for high hazard processes.
- Be willing to travel within the UK and abroad when required – this includes offshore within the North Sea.
What we can offer you
- Salary up to 120K OTE (Base salary + commission)
- A mix of office & remote working (optional)
- The chance to work on memorable projects as part of an experienced and creatively talented team
- The opportunity to achieve your own career goals, whether this be practical training or opportunities to attend and speak at conferences.