Human Factors Consultant
Competitive Salary Edinburgh/Aberdeen
Required Skills/Job Specification
- Strong understanding of Human Factors (HF) principles (Task/User analysis, UID, HF&E, Hazard Detection) and importance of discipline’s role in maintaining safe operations.
- Ability to combine HF & Ergonomics principles with practical solutions for risk environments, processes, procedures, safety critical instructions and task steps.
- Conduct HF analyses and integration activities to support multi-disciplinary safety projects in collaboration with technical authorities, clients and existing HF team.
- Be able to deliver objectives clearly while working under own direction/motivation to support existing and new projects from a human factors standpoint.
- Work well independently and as an essential part of a small team.
- Experience researching constructing, and testing theories, models and systems, which actively contribute to, or have the end goal of creating safe working environments in hazard areas.
- Previous experience or study of HF project integration, behaviour/industrial psychology or related HF fields.
- Relevant undergraduate degree in appropriate field: Psychology, Ergonomics, Systems Design or Engineering.
- If no degree then 3+ years of experience in applied HF role.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of HF support role.
To apply please forward your CV to email@example.com quoting the job title as a reference.